Old 07-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Shachar Or

Default Signing local repositories

Hello!

I've made a local repository for my preinstalled debian project; this is for
faster automatic installation of the systems. I've made the repository with
the bpo reprepro.

I don't know how to sign the repository. I've never used signatures, gnupg or
any of these terms. Can anyone give me a run-down of how to do this?

There aren't any security issues here -- All I want is that my local
repository will be trusted by the clients.

Peace!
--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/

Old 07-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Steve Kemp

On Sat Jul 19, 2008 at 20:59:18 +0300, Shachar Or wrote:

> I don't know how to sign the repository. I've never used signatures, gnupg or
> any of these terms. Can anyone give me a run-down of how to do this?

Create a gpg-key, call it somethign like "apt@example.org". Then
in your reprepro configuration file add:

Sign-With: apt@example.org

Now rebuild your repository and that'll do it. If you like take a
look at this tool too:

http://www.steve.org.uk/Software/rapt/
Steve
--