Old 07-19-2008, 02:01 PM
"Mathieu Malaterre"

Default nvidia-glx or xserver-xorg (was Xorg not working: empty backtrace)

Following instruction:

http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers#Libraries

I did install nvidia-glx but it remove xserver-xorg... so I do not
have a 'X' program anymoe in /usr/bin/X11/X

Is there anyone else using nvidia out there ?

Thanks
-Mathieu

--
Mathieu

Old 07-19-2008, 02:14 PM
"Mathieu Malaterre"

Ok I solved all my problem using nvidia stuff from unstable ...which
seems more 'stable'

step:
1. using module-assistant:

http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers#Libraries
2.
and installing nvidia-glx from unstable

You need Load "glx" in your xorg and you do not need 'Disable dri" after all

Thanks anyway
-Mathieu

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Mathieu Malaterre

--
Mathieu