Old 07-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Florian Kulzer

Default checkrestart (was Firefox (Iceweasel) 3: is this page rendered horribly?)

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:20:34 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 07/18/08 11:50, Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
> > The Friday 18 July 2008 18:07:41 Florian Kulzer, you wrote :
> [snip]
> >>
> >> as root. This should list all processes that hang on to stale files. The
> >> checkrestart command from "debian-goodies" is supposed to do the same
> >> thing more comfortably, but this does not work for me at the moment (see
> >> bug #491235).
>
> > Thanks for the debian-goodies tip. It's really a very useful package.
>
> I've been using it for quite a while now, but is it at all useful
> for non-daemons?

Besides the various system daemons, I often find that I have to restart
X and services that were started in the X session (ssh-agent, gpg-agent,
various KDE-related background processes). On occasion I additionally
see login, bash and the ttys in the output of checkrestart.

Florian |

Old 07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Ron Johnson