-   -   abcde cddb lookup has stopped working? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/127302-abcde-cddb-lookup-has-stopped-working.html)

"Matt Price" 07-18-2008 05:58 PM

abcde cddb lookup has stopped working?

hi folks,

i use abcde to rip cd's to ogg and flac. in the past it's worked great
but i have a bunch of new cd's to burn and for some reason, abcde has
stopped contacting the cddb servers. I get this error:

Executing customizable pre-read function... done.
Getting CD track info... Querying the CD for audio tracks...
Grabbing entire CD - tracks: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10
CDDB unavailable.

this never used to happen, and other programs trying to access the same
fredb servers have no trouble. has anyone else experienced this and/or
have a likely solution? I thought the issue was in my abcde.conf, but
i;ve replaced it with the dpkg-dist version to no avail.

i appreciate any help you can give. here's the output of
grep ii cddb /etc/abcde.conf, if anyone finds that helpful. thanks!
matt
--------------

# CDDB options
# If you wish to use a different CDDB server, edit this line.
CDDBURL="http://gnudb.gnudb.org/~cddb/cddb.cgi"

CDDBCOPYLOCAL="y"
CDDBLOCALDIR="$HOME/.cddb"
CDDBLOCALRECURSIVE="y"

#NOCDDBQUERY=n
# Select here if you want to use the locally stored CDDB entries.
# This is useful if you do a lot of editing to those CDDB entries.
# Also, other tools like Grip store CDDB entries under $HOME/.cddb,
CDDBUSELOCAL="y"
# CDDB.
#SHOWCDDBFIELDS=year,genre
#CDDBTOOL=cddb-tool
#CDDBTOOLOPTS=
# cddb,read,normalize,encode,tag,move,playlist,clean
# tag implies cddb,read,encode
# move implies cddb,read,encode,tag
# playlist implies cddb
ACTIONS=cddb,read,encode,tag,move,playlist,normali ze,replaygain,clean
# By default, abcde will do the following to CDDB data to get a useful
# mungefilename receives the CDDB data (artist, track, title, whatever)
# Useful if you have a slow network or CDDB servers seem unresponsive.

Ron Johnson 07-18-2008 10:21 PM

abcde cddb lookup has stopped working?

Chris Bannister 07-21-2008 12:21 PM

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 01:58:48PM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> i use abcde to rip cd's to ogg and flac. in the past it's worked great
> but i have a bunch of new cd's to burn and for some reason, abcde has
> stopped contacting the cddb servers. I get this error:
>
> Executing customizable pre-read function... done.
> Getting CD track info... Querying the CD for audio tracks...
> Grabbing entire CD - tracks: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10
> CDDB unavailable.
>
> this never used to happen, and other programs trying to access the same
> fredb servers have no trouble. has anyone else experienced this and/or
> have a likely solution? I thought the issue was in my abcde.conf, but
> i;ve replaced it with the dpkg-dist version to no avail.
>
> i appreciate any help you can give. here's the output of
> grep ii cddb /etc/abcde.conf, if anyone finds that helpful. thanks!
> matt
>

> # CDDB options
> # If you wish to use a different CDDB server, edit this line.
> CDDBURL="http://gnudb.gnudb.org/~cddb/cddb.cgi"

Try this:

CDDBURL="http://freedb.freedb.org/~cddb/cddb.cgi"

--