Old 07-18-2008, 09:27 AM
"Mathieu Malaterre"

Default mount sd card during debian installation (was Installing debian on HP pavilion a6434)

Alright, so I downloaded the latest driver from:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5 &Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#2

But now how do I copy it to my linux box without network ? I tried
with a sd card, but I do not know how to mount it ?

I tried:

mkdir /tmp/dummy
mount /dev/sda5 /tmp/dummy
-> failed invalid argument
mount -t msdos /dev/sda5 /tmp/dummy
-> failed: no such device

However if I simply do 'cat /dev/sda5' it seems there is something...

Thanks !
-M
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:34 AM, Arthur A <arthur.machlas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>>
>> Even after reading:
>>
>> http://adam.rosi-kessel.org/weblog/2008/06/21/a-much-simpler-fix-for-the-r8169-link-down-problem
>> and
>> and
>> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_RTL8168
>>
>> I still cannot get passed the network configuration. I could not find
>> the "Wake-on-lan after shutdown." option in windows. I had a bunch of
>> options but none *exactly* matched this one.
>>

>> -Mathieu...clueless
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 8:09 PM, Mathieu Malaterre
>> <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> I just downloaded the latest cd for debian :
>>>

>>> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/4.0_r3/amd64/iso-cd/debian-40r3-amd64-netinst.iso
>>>
>>> But the network card does not work. This is a Realtek RTL8111/8168B.
>>> Looking on google I found a couple of suggesion:
>>>
>>> * http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=723569
>>> * http://hardware4linux.info/component/16309/

>>> the only problem is windows on a dual-boot system, cause windows
>>> disables the nic when shutdown windows and reboot into linux. linux
>>> isn't able to start the nic again.
>>>
>>> Is this something correct ? I am having a hard time understanding this
>>> ? How am I supposed to get passed this issue ?
>>>
>>> Thanks for suggestion,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mathieu
>>>

> On my HP, back when I used to dual boot with Vista..../shudder...it would do
> something to the sound. The only way I could get sound to work after using
> vista was to power of the machine, remove the battery, then hold down the
> power key and function key and some other keys (shift, ctrl) for about 20
> seconds.
>
> Then when I rebooted it would work. Perhaps that black magic will work for
> you too.

Mathieu

Old 07-18-2008, 09:52 AM
"Mathieu Malaterre"

vfat ... not msdos

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Mathieu Malaterre

>>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=538448

--
Mathieu

Old 07-18-2008, 09:54 AM
"Mathieu Malaterre"

Come on ! There is no bunzip2 during the debian installation !

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Mathieu Malaterre

--
Mathieu

Old 07-18-2008, 09:59 AM
"Mathieu Malaterre"

Alright giving up... there is no make comment either

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Mathieu Malaterre

--
Mathieu

Old 07-18-2008, 09:59 AM
"Mathieu Malaterre"

make command, sorry

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Mathieu Malaterre

--
Mathieu

Old 07-18-2008, 12:22 PM
"Mathieu Malaterre"

When all else fail: open the beast !

Insert a very old ethernet card: Realtek
RTL-8029(AS)...reboot...restart installation

-Mathieu

--
Mathieu