Old 07-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Jochen Schulz

Default Gtk fonts on non desktop (non gnome) X environment.

Javier Vasquez:

> Is there a configuration file I can create by hand under
> ~/.<some_name> which would help me accomplish getting the fonts I'd
> like to see?

IIRC ~/.gtkrc-2.0. I don't have an example at hand but you will find
examples when googling for that filename.

J.
--
I want to look younger than my friends so I will fight ageing as long as
I can.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Thu,17.Jul.08, 09:19:06, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use fluxbox, with no desktop (no kde, no gnome no xfce, ...). But I
> have the problem of not being able to configure the fonts for the gtk
> guis... For example I can't make the tab menus, readable for me on
> icedove, iceweasel, iceape, etc... I had the same problem for
> icedove, but there was a kind plugin to modify its gtk fonts, although
> I haven't found the same thing for other applications. I guess the
> same apply for qt applications ( I haven't installed skype yet, but I
> guess I'll have the same problem).
>
> Is there a configuration file I can create by hand under
> ~/.<some_name> which would help me accomplish getting the fonts I'd
> like to see?

Not exactly what you want to know, but before setting the fonts you
should make sure your dpi is correct.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)