Old 07-17-2008, 05:06 AM
David Baron

Default Disk Drive Message: Drive side 80-wire cable detection failed

This comes early on in the bootup so missed it until now:

hdd: drive side 80-wire cable detection failed, limiting max speed to UDMA33

OK, this is an older "Quantum Fireball" 10gig drive I found and put in. So is
this message correct behavior? The 80-wire cable is there.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:04 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Thu,17.Jul.08, 08:06:14, David Baron wrote:
> This comes early on in the bootup so missed it until now:
>
> hdd: drive side 80-wire cable detection failed, limiting max speed to UDMA33
>
> OK, this is an older "Quantum Fireball" 10gig drive I found and put in. So is
> this message correct behavior? The 80-wire cable is there.

But is the drive capable of UDMA66?

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 07-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 07-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Andrei Popescu

[please answer to the list, others may have valuable input]

On Thu,17.Jul.08, 13:40:12, David Baron wrote:
> On Thu,17.Jul.08, 08:06:14, David Baron wrote:
> > This comes early on in the bootup so missed it until now:
> >=20
> > hdd: drive side 80-wire cable detection failed, limiting max speed to UDM=
> A33
> >=20
> > OK, this is an older "Quantum Fireball" 10gig drive I found and put in. =
> So is=20
> > this message correct behavior? The 80-wire cable is there.
> =20
> <but the drive capable of UDMA66?
>
> As I said, old, probably not. So .. why not just say so. Nothing to do with
> the cable.

I'm just speculating. Does it support UDMA66?

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)