Old 07-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Gabriel Parrondo

Default Audacious won't open files specified in command line

Hi,

I'm trying to play audio files with audacious. From audacious(1):

> audacious [-h] [--help] [-r] [--rew] [-p] [--play] [-u] [--pause] [-s]
> [--stop] [-f] [--fwd] [-e] [--enqueue] [-m] [--show-main-window] [-v]
> [--version] [--headless] [filename]...

So, running 'audacious file.mp3' should start audacious and play the
file. Instead, it starts audacious and does nothing.
Actually, if there was a playlist loaded last time I used it, it will
start playing it but not the file I told it to.

I can DnD the files into the audacious windows and they work, but
passing any audio file as parameter is the same as nothing.

Gave this error which might be related,

> (audacious:14669): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_foreach: assertion
> `hash_table != NULL' failed

Google didn't help. Removing .config/audacious didn't help either.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks!

--
Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory,
there's no difference between theory and practice."

Old 07-17-2008, 03:17 AM
Gabriel Parrondo

El jue, 17-07-2008 a las 00:00 -0300, Gabriel Parrondo escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to play audio files with audacious. From audacious(1):
>
> > audacious [-h] [--help] [-r] [--rew] [-p] [--play] [-u] [--pause] [-s]
> > [--stop] [-f] [--fwd] [-e] [--enqueue] [-m] [--show-main-window] [-v]
> > [--version] [--headless] [filename]...
>
> So, running 'audacious file.mp3' should start audacious and play the
> file. Instead, it starts audacious and does nothing.
> Actually, if there was a playlist loaded last time I used it, it will
> start playing it but not the file I told it to.
>
> I can DnD the files into the audacious windows and they work, but
> passing any audio file as parameter is the same as nothing.

I just discovered, if audacious is already open when I click the files
or call it from the command line, it works as expected (i.e. clears the
current playlist and loads the file[s]).

> Gave this error which might be related,
^-- Here I missed a "Running from a terminal"