Old 07-16-2008, 04:09 PM
michael

Default how often is etch kernel updated

I'm at 2.6.18-6-686 and believe I need > 2.6.19 for pata_marvell module
support. I'm wondering how often the Etch kernel is updated? Thanks, M

Old 07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

Eugene V. Lyubimkin escreveu:

Etch is current stable release and its kernel receive only security
updates. You can (at least)

1) use testing
2) wait for new release (Lenny)
3) use Etch system but newer kernel picked from testing

4) See if there is a backported kernel for etch at
http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php .

(And note that 3 can be hard to achieve because of dependencies.)

Old 07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"