FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Serena Cantor
 
Default how to add ether net card in etch

I have etch.
Now I add a Ethernet card
The card use e100 module in kernel 2.4/sarge
but e100 in etch does not seem to work.





--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 07-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Nigel Henry
 
Default how to add ether net card in etch

On Wednesday 16 July 2008 14:51, Serena Cantor wrote:
> I have etch.
> Now I add a Ethernet card
> The card use e100 module in kernel 2.4/sarge
> but e100 in etch does not seem to work.

Hi Serena. Is the e100 module loaded? Post the ouput of lsmod please.

I know that I had some problems with the driver not being loaded for my
Realtek 8139 network card, and had to add 8139too to /etc/modules.

If the module is not seen in your lsmod, su to root on the CLI, and do a.
modprobe e100, then check lsmod again.

If the network card is now showing in lsmod, add it to /etc/modules, and when
you reboot, it should be loaded automatically.

All the best.

Nigel.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Serena Cantor
 
Default how to add ether net card in etch

Thanks! Below is output of lsmod:

...
e100 32232 0
mii 5344 1 e100
...

I try "ifconfig eth0", it says device not found.

--- On Wed, 7/16/08, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@aliceadsl.fr>
> Subject: Re: how to add ether net card in etch
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org, qipaishi2006@yahoo.com
> Date: Wednesday, July 16, 2008, 2:58 PM
> On Wednesday 16 July 2008 14:51, Serena Cantor wrote:
> > I have etch.
> > Now I add a Ethernet card
> > The card use e100 module in kernel 2.4/sarge
> > but e100 in etch does not seem to work.
>
> Hi Serena. Is the e100 module loaded? Post the ouput of
> lsmod please.
>
> I know that I had some problems with the driver not being
> loaded for my
> Realtek 8139 network card, and had to add 8139too to
> /etc/modules.
>
> If the module is not seen in your lsmod, su to root on the
> CLI, and do a.
> modprobe e100, then check lsmod again.
>
> If the network card is now showing in lsmod, add it to
> /etc/modules, and when
> you reboot, it should be loaded automatically.
>
> All the best.
>
> Nigel.
>
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to
> debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
> listmaster@lists.debian.org





--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 07-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Andrei Popescu
 
Default how to add ether net card in etch

On Wed,16.Jul.08, 14:42:55, Serena Cantor wrote:
> Thanks! Below is output of lsmod:
>
> ...
> e100 32232 0
> mii 5344 1 e100
> ...
>
> I try "ifconfig eth0", it says device not found.

Please show the output of 'dmesg | grep e100'.

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. Please don't top-post
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
(Albert Einstein)
 
Old 07-17-2008, 07:47 AM
Alex Samad
 
Default how to add ether net card in etch

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:44:21AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Wed,16.Jul.08, 14:42:55, Serena Cantor wrote:
> > Thanks! Below is output of lsmod:
> >
> > ...
> > e100 32232 0
> > mii 5344 1 e100
> > ...
> >
> > I try "ifconfig eth0", it says device not found.
>
> Please show the output of 'dmesg | grep e100'.

also try
ip li

or
ifconfig -a


>
> Regards,
> Andrei
> P.S. Please don't top-post
> --
> If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
> (Albert Einstein)



--
"A power so great, it can only be used for Good or Evil!"
-- Firesign Theatre, "The Giant Rat of Summatra"
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:05 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org