-   -   Does debconf-set-selections do anything to installed packages' configs? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/125378-does-debconf-set-selections-do-anything-installed-packages-configs.html)

Shachar Or 07-15-2008 05:50 PM

Does debconf-set-selections do anything to installed packages' configs?

Hello!

When I do debconf-set-selections to set a debconf selection on some package
that is already installed, it doesn't actually change that package's
configuration, right?

To "apply" these changes/selections, I'll have to go dpkg-reconfigure on that
package, right?

And it won't ask me those questions that I've set the selections for, right?

Cheers!
--
Shachar Or | שחר אור
http://ox.freeallweb.org/