Old 07-15-2008, 03:18 AM
Ron Johnson

Default Passing a module parameter to a compiled-in driver

Old 07-15-2008, 08:01 AM
"Mumia W.."

On 07/14/2008 10:18 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:

Hi,

Hi.

http://ata.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Hardware%2C_driver_status#NVIDIA

I want/need to pass swncq=1 to the sata_nv driver, but it's
compiled-in, not a module. How do I do that? The best I've come up
with from Google-fu is (from the lilo prompt):

linux sata_nv=swncq=1

Am I missing something?

I'm looking into this right now, and I don't have a definitive answer
for you, but "linux sata_nv=swncq,1" and "linux sata_nv:swncq=1" are
also likely solutions.

Install doc-linux-text and read
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/BootPrompt-HOWTO.gz

Old 07-15-2008, 08:17 AM
"Mumia W.."

I want/need to pass swncq=1 to the sata_nv driver, but it's
compiled-in, not a module. How do I do that? The best I've come up
with from Google-fu is (from the lilo prompt):

linux sata_nv=swncq=1

Am I missing something?

http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt

Module parameters for modules that are built into the kernel image
are specified on the kernel command line with the module name plus
'.' plus parameter name, with '=' and value if appropriate, such as:

usbcore.blinkenlights=1

HTH

Old 07-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Ron Johnson