Old 07-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Chris Lumens

Default yum-pluginize our upgrade magic

> 1) import rpm at the toplevel of the whiteout plugin please, no reason
> not to

Done.

> 2) Not convinced that exclude is the right place to hook for the remove
> stuff. I'd be slightly inclined to do the preresolve slot instead

Either is fine with me. I'm not really sure which is right so I just
looked through the list until I found one that looked good.

> Otherwise, looks fine to me

Great, so I suppose these things need to find a home, a package to live
in, and we need to make the changes to get repomd.xml to contain
references.

Also, is the format of the metadata files fine?

- Chris

Old 07-14-2008, 08:48 PM
seth vidal

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:45 -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > 1) import rpm at the toplevel of the whiteout plugin please, no reason
> > not to
>
> Done.
>
> > 2) Not convinced that exclude is the right place to hook for the remove
> > stuff. I'd be slightly inclined to do the preresolve slot instead
>
> Either is fine with me. I'm not really sure which is right so I just
> looked through the list until I found one that looked good.
>
> > Otherwise, looks fine to me
>
> Great, so I suppose these things need to find a home, a package to live
> in, and we need to make the changes to get repomd.xml to contain
> references.
>
> Also, is the format of the metadata files fine?

we can add them to yum-utils as a plugin, but I'm not sure if it
shouldn't be a subpackage off of anaconda, instead.

-sv

Old 07-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Jeremy Katz

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:48 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:45 -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > Great, so I suppose these things need to find a home, a package to live
> > in, and we need to make the changes to get repomd.xml to contain
> > references.
> >
> > Also, is the format of the metadata files fine?
>
> we can add them to yum-utils as a plugin, but I'm not sure if it
> shouldn't be a subpackage off of anaconda, instead.

Subpackage of anaconda seems fine to me

Jeremy

Old 07-14-2008, 08:57 PM
seth vidal

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:53 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:48 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 16:45 -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > > Great, so I suppose these things need to find a home, a package to live
> > > in, and we need to make the changes to get repomd.xml to contain
> > > references.
> > >
> > > Also, is the format of the metadata files fine?
> >
> > we can add them to yum-utils as a plugin, but I'm not sure if it
> > shouldn't be a subpackage off of anaconda, instead.
>
> Subpackage of anaconda seems fine to me

preferably with no seriously extraneous deps so it can be required by
preupgrade semi-painlessly.

-sv