-   -   TBird Sieve (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/124695-tbird-sieve.html)

"Steve C. Lamb" 07-14-2008 06:52 PM

TBird Sieve

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 12:35:46AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Hell yeah it helps. Hm, they're compiled in by default in Ubuntu, wonder
> if that means Debian too. Also...

For the record it is compiled in on the Debian version of dovecot.

> http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2008-May/029069.html

> ...Wewt, TBird Sieve extensions! I know what I'm going to be playing with
> this weekend! Thanks!

Unfortunately this is bare bones, the scripts need to be handwritten. I
was hoping for an inteface similar to TBird's internal filtering. IE,
something parent friendly. :)

--
Steve C. Lamb | I'm your priest, I'm your shrink, I'm your
PGP Key: 8B6E99C5 | main connection to the switchboard of souls.

Chris Davies 07-24-2008 12:07 AM

TBird Sieve

Steve C. Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately this is bare bones, the scripts need to be handwritten. I
> was hoping for an inteface similar to TBird's internal filtering. IE,
> something parent friendly. :)

I'm sure I saw something "out there" that did just this. Now that I've
got Dovecot running with Sieve I'm going to try it over the next few
days. Thanks folks for pointing out that Sieve was (now) compiled into
Debian's dovecot. Yay!!

Chris

Chris Davies 07-25-2008 03:53 PM

TBird Sieve

Chris Davies <chris-usenet@roaima.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm sure I saw something "out there" that did just this [graphical
> editor for Sieve scripts]

I think I may have been thinking of the avelsieve plugin for
Squirrelmail. Unfortunately it seems to encode its idea of the filter
into the script, and reads that encoding when re-editing the file rather
than trying to parse the file itself. The net effects are that avelsieve
ignores scripts created elsewhere, and you can't usefully edit avelsieve
scripts outside avelsieve.

It may be of use to someone somewhere, though.

Chris