Old 07-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Charles Blair

Default netinst cd hangs

I recently got an HP desktop with a Celeron processor. I
downloaded debian-40r3-i386-netinst.iso, burnt it to a cd with
Microsoft's "cdburn," and booted.

The debian logo and some introductory messages were displayed, but
then things froze. The last few lines were:

ACPI: Interpreter enabled
ACPI: using IOAPIC for interrupt routing
ACPI: PCI Root Bridge [PCI0] (0000.00)
ACPI: assume root bridge [\_SP_.PCI0] bus is 0

The machine did not respond to control-alt-del, esc, or control-C.
I was only able to shut it off by turning off the power supply.

Sun Jul 13 22:30:01 2008