Old 07-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Article: Concept Art for Fedora 10

Hi

http://www.osnews.com/story/20039/Concept_Art_for_Fedora_10

Digg It:

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Concept_Art_for_Fedora_10

"For many, their first experience with Fedora leaves them in awe of the
incredible artwork. This is an important part of Fedora's reputation, so
if your a fan of Fedora art, you should definitely check out what the
art team has come up with."

Rahul

Old 07-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Nicu Buculei

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

http://www.osnews.com/story/20039/Concept_Art_for_Fedora_10

Quite negative the comments there ("hopefully someone will have a bit
more taste and not accept any of these..." or "What a horrible, horrible
set of themes. My eyes hurt just looking at them. ") or even just weird
("fedora core 4 was nice") but I guess there is some truth in the saying
"there is no sich thing as bad publicity"

Old 07-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Jason Benedict Low

I am not an artist or graphic designer etc, but i
still think that FC10 should have a more shinny and clean theme...just
my 2cts.

Best Regards,
Jason
------ When i work nobody care. When i rest everybody stare. ------

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Rahul

Old 07-14-2008, 12:57 PM
"Sílvio Reis"

I hope none of these themes is approved for release of Fedora 10. agh! They hurt my eyes!

Quite negative the comments there ("hopefully someone will have a bit more taste and not accept any of these..." or "What a horrible, horrible set of themes. My eyes hurt just looking at them. ") or even just weird ("fedora core 4 was nice") but I guess there is some truth in the saying "there is no sich thing as bad publicity"

Sílvio Reis

http://www.projectofedora.org/

Old 07-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Nicu Buculei

Sílvio Reis wrote:
I hope none of these themes is approved for release of Fedora 10. agh!
They hurt my eyes!

Sivio, you are expected with your better theme proposal on the Fdora Art
list - https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list

Or at least with some concrete feed-back... honestly, "they hurt my
eyes" is completely useless for us.

And consider the selection of images in the linked blog article was the
poster's choice, there are a lot more images in the wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes#List_of_Submissions

Old 07-14-2008, 01:34 PM
wonderer

Hy all,

my first idea was also "we live in 2008 and not 19xx .... " but thats
another thing ;-)
But I also has the thought if we can't think a bit bigger for FC10?!
This is the 10th Version of an Operatingsystem. 10th Anniversery. We
have a one and THEN the null behind. We have decades going forward...

So just some thoughts/ideas we could have:
- collect all the (unpublished) Artwork of the years and put them together
- ask VIP's (let your imagination flow who this could be...) make some
Artwork

- put in some photos as backgrounds, maybe from big events or meetings...
- other ideas...

So, any comments on my ideas?

sincerly
Henrik Heigl

// wonderer @ fedoraproject.org //

Old 07-14-2008, 01:36 PM
"Patrik Čevela"

I think they are beautifull...Â*

Patrik Cevela
I hope none of these themes is approved for release of Fedora 10. agh! They hurt my eyes!

Quite negative the comments there ("hopefully someone will have a bit more taste and not accept any of these..." or "What a horrible, horrible set of themes. My eyes hurt just looking at them. ") or even just weird ("fedora core 4 was nice") but I guess there is some truth in the saying "there is no sich thing as bad publicity"

SÃ*lvio Reis

http://www.projectofedora.org/

Old 07-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Nicu Buculei

wonderer wrote:

my first idea was also "we live in 2008 and not 19xx .... " but thats
another thing ;-)

Care to elaborate a bit around that?

But I also has the thought if we can't think a bit bigger for FC10?!
This is the 10th Version of an Operatingsystem. 10th Anniversery. We
have a one and THEN the null behind. We have decades going forward...

Or we can restart the counter, change the project name, whatever...
remember how RHL morphed into Fedora when it was to hit the magic number.

So just some thoughts/ideas we could have:
- collect all the (unpublished) Artwork of the years and put them together

There was a work-in-progress about that:
http://molaora.com/index.php?photos/album/8/photo/39.html but as you can
see, it was about published Artwork, not unpublished (as there may be a
reason why some graphics were not published).

- ask VIP's (let your imagination flow who this could be...) make some
Artwork

I think that would be a major blow to the Art Team, like lack of
confidence in their/our skills.

- put in some photos as backgrounds, maybe from big events or meetings...

Such photos do not make for a good wallpaper on which one would stare
all day long. And we need an assortment of additional graphics (banners,
splashes) to match.

- other ideas...

So, any comments on my ideas?

How about talking about that on the Art list? Not all of us are
subscribed here.