Old 07-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Thilo Six

Default Cannot install xmms on Debian testing

Peet Grobler wrote the following on 13.07.2008 18:28

</snip>

> apt-get install xmms

</snip>

> Should I log a bug somewhere, or where can I check to see if it's
> already reported?

Have a look at:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xmms.html

and
http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xmms/news/20080310T223933Z.html

--
bye Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09

Old 07-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Pol Hallen

> apt-get install xmms
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package xmms is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> E: Package xmms has no installation candidate
> sparky:~#
It has removed about several bugs never corrected, try:

apt-get install audacious

Pol