Old 07-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Memnon Anon

Default Q:Does Emacs+gnus from testing work with gmail pop3 for you?!

Hi!

I tried to set up emacs+gnus from testing to work with gmail.
Alas, fetching via pop protocol does not work.

Error:
> cardan...@gmail.com :stream ssl) error (stringp). Continue? (yes or no)

I got the same error message like this user:

Does any user use gmail pop with gnus on debian testing?
No Bug found in the BTS.
Might this be a Debian specific Bug?

I switched to a fetchmail solution, but this seems not the *proper*
way.

Thanks for reading...
Memnon