-   -   how to force installation of debian package (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/123692-how-force-installation-debian-package.html)

Jan Brosius 07-12-2008 08:46 PM

how to force installation of debian package

Hi,

I am using sidux os (sid debian). I have compiled maxima from source with sbcl
since this works and the debian maxima package compiled with gcl doesn't
work.
Now I want to install the debian package wxmaxima that needs maxima to work
properly. But I can not install this package since it proposes to install
also the faulty debian maxima package.

Is there any posibility to install the wxmaxima package without installing the
faulty maxima package?

Thanks for any help
Jan

"Damon L. Chesser" 07-12-2008 08:56 PM

On Saturday 12 July 2008 04:46:37 pm Jan Brosius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using sidux os (sid debian). I have compiled maxima from source with
> sbcl since this works and the debian maxima package compiled with gcl
> doesn't work.
> Now I want to install the debian package wxmaxima that needs maxima to work
> properly. But I can not install this package since it proposes to install
> also the faulty debian maxima package.
>
> Is there any posibility to install the wxmaxima package without installing
> the faulty maxima package?
>
> Thanks for any help
> Jan

Jan,