Old 07-12-2008, 04:48 AM
"Mumia W.."

Default Debian sweetness: safe libimlib2

For the last few days, I've been wanting to install pypanel, but
I didn't want to install a vulnerable version of the library onto my
Ubuntu Hardy system because of CVE-2008-2426 .

This bug has been fixed upstream, but the fix hasn't made it into Hardy
yet; however, I booted back into Debian, updated "aptitude," and what
did I find?

I found that this bug has been fixed in the "antiquated" version of
libimlib2 (1.3.0.0debian1-4+etch1) in Etch, so I now have pypanel
installed without fear. Ubuntu will evidently have to wait.

I just want to say again, you people at Debian are doing a good job. Thanks.