Old 07-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Memnon Anon

Default xbindkeys alternative?

Hi

I try to get xbindkeys working. Not successfully, as you may guess.
It seems to me that xbindkeys always needs a modifer key pressed,
i.e. shift, alt, control ...

I want to be able to bind a command (xte, but thats a different
problem
to Mouse button (pressed) + key. No modifier involved.

Does anyone know a program that can do this?

thanks

memnon

Old 07-11-2008, 07:46 PM
"Mumia W.."

I try to get xbindkeys working. Not successfully, as you may guess.
It seems to me that xbindkeys always needs a modifer key pressed,
i.e. shift, alt, control ...

[...]

You could try any of these: keylaunch, hotkeys, idesk, or bbkeys.

The fluxbox and sawfish window managers also have built-in hotkey support.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Memnon Anon

On 11 Jul., 22:50, "Mumia W.." <paduille.4061.mumia.w
+nos...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> You could try any of these: keylaunch, hotkeys, idesk, or bbkeys.

Thanks for the suggestions.
AFAI could see, they are all less capable than xbindkeys. They do not
even support mouse interaction.

I need [mouse button (pressed)] + [key].
Then, a program should be started.

Any more suggestions?

Old 09-03-2011, 06:17 AM
Nicholas Chihau Yang

You can use the Guile scheme configuration. Use the define-chord-keys function as defined in the default config.

$ xbindkeys --defaults-guile> ~/.xbindkeysrc.scm

Then in the .xbindkeysrc.scm file, define something like, for example, number '1' key and right-mouse click:

; Using arbitary keypress with mouse button combination.
; This opens firefox or xterm, depending on what key/button is released first
(define-chord-keys '("c:10") '("b:3")
"" "" "firefox" "xterm")

The downside is that it overrides the normal function of the key/button.