Old 07-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Arthur A

Default How to configure Icedove for use with Debian Mailing list

Hi,

I want to use icedove v.2...14, to subscribe to and reply to this mailing list
and others. But at the moment if I just hit reply it goes to the person who is
listed as "from", not the "sender". There is another button that says "reply to
sender and all", but nothing about just "reply to sender".

Anyone using icedove to participate in the lists, and have you configured it
differently to make it easier?

I could probably just hit reply so that the subject it right, then delete the
address and type in the correct one (debian-user@lists.debian.org??), but it
seems like this is a pretty basic configuration option that I should be able to
set.

Best,
AA

Old 07-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

Arthur A wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use icedove v.2...14, to subscribe to and reply to this
> mailing list and others. But at the moment if I just hit reply it goes
> to the person who is listed as "from", not the "sender". There is
> another button that says "reply to sender and all", but nothing about
> just "reply to sender".
>
> Anyone using icedove to participate in the lists, and have you
> configured it differently to make it easier?
>
> I could probably just hit reply so that the subject it right, then
> delete the address and type in the correct one
> (debian-user@lists.debian.org??), but it seems like this is a pretty
> basic configuration option that I should be able to set.

It is easier to use "reply to all" and delete personal addresses. :-)

What you need is a "reply to list" button, which Icedove unfortunately
lacks. There is an extension that adds that button, try googling for it
and give it a try.

--
Beauty and harmony are as necessary to you as the very breath of life.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb

Old 07-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Arthur A

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

Arthur A wrote:

[...]

Indeed. I found the extension and it's perfect. Debian was nice enough to patch
icedove as opposed to making us wait until version 3. Thanks for the tip.

Best,
AA

Old 07-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 07-11-2008, 04:09 PM
"Steve C. Lamb"

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:56:49AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Where did you find it? The last time I tried, the extension was broken.

I'd like to know as well. The one I am aware of has been broken for some
time.

--
Steve C. Lamb | I'm your priest, I'm your shrink, I'm your
PGP Key: 8B6E99C5 | main connection to the switchboard of souls.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Arthur A

Ron Johnson wrote:

http://alumnit.ca/wiki/?ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension

regards,
AA

Old 07-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 07-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

Ron Johnson escreveu:

http://alumnit.ca/wiki/?ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension

v0.3.0 definitely crashes with courier-imap, but v0.2.1 seems to
work. (The last version I had was v0.2.0.)

Here v.0.2.1 does not crash, but I do not get a "Reply to list" button
either. It simply has no effect.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Arthur A

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

Ron Johnson escreveu:

http://alumnit.ca/wiki/?ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension

v0.3.0 definitely crashes with courier-imap, but v0.2.1 seems to
work. (The last version I had was v0.2.0.)

Here v.0.2.1 does not crash, but I do not get a "Reply to list" button
either. It simply has no effect.

You have to be using icedove, not thunderbird. Try customizing the panel.
Alternatively, see if it's an option in your message menu. Ctrl I should do the
same.

That's all I know.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Ron Johnson