Old 07-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI

Default How to configure Icedove for use with Debian Mailing list

Ron Johnson escreveu:

v.0.2.1 does not crash, but I do not get a "Reply to list" button
either. It simply has no effect.

No button. It's in the Message drop-down menu.

I was able to add the button to the toolbar by customizing it. And there
is that option in the Message menu. However, both the button and the
menu entry are greyed and cannot be used; it seems the messages are not
being recognized as from a mailing list.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:26 PM
"Steve C. Lamb"

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 02:23:59PM -0300, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> I was able to add the button to the toolbar by customizing it. And there
> is that option in the Message menu. However, both the button and the
> menu entry are greyed and cannot be used; it seems the messages are not
> being recognized as from a mailing list.

This is the experience I have had for the past several releases of
Icedove.

--
Steve C. Lamb | I'm your priest, I'm your shrink, I'm your
PGP Key: 8B6E99C5 | main connection to the switchboard of souls.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Ron Johnson

Old 07-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Geoff Reidy

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 07/11/08 12:26, Steve C. Lamb wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 02:23:59PM -0300, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
>>> I was able to add the button to the toolbar by customizing it. And there
>>> is that option in the Message menu. However, both the button and the
>>> menu entry are greyed and cannot be used; it seems the messages are not
>>> being recognized as from a mailing list.
>> This is the experience I have had for the past several releases of
>> Icedove.
>
> Do you have Enigmail or Mnenhy installed? I suffered the same
> "greyed out" problem with v0.2.0, but v0.2.1 solved it.

This one works for me, including the button:

Old 07-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Paul Johnson

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 16:58 +0300, Arthur A wrote:

> I want to use icedove v.2...14, to subscribe to and reply to this mailing list
> and others. But at the moment if I just hit reply it goes to the person who is
> listed as "from", not the "sender". There is another button that says "reply to
> sender and all", but nothing about just "reply to sender".

The option you're looking for is "Reply to Mailing List." If Icedove
doesn't have a Reply to Mailing List feature, that would be a very good
reason to not use Icedove, and file a normal level bug against it: It's
2008, there's no reason for any MUA, much less one so popular, should be
missing such base functionality.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca