-   -   Kernel config uevent path (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/122899-kernel-config-uevent-path.html)

David Baron 07-11-2008 07:58 AM

Kernel config uevent path

Trying to compile a 2.6.25.8 kernel.

The make oldconfig asks numerous questions, mostly about newly supported new
hardware and options that are probably not relevant or helpful to me.

However, it did ask for a uevent driver path which wants to default to
/sbin/hotplug

This does not exist since udev is being used. So ...

Do we leave it alone to default and
1. The kernel puts something there
2. or make a symlink there to udevtrigger or something else

Or do I set it directly to /sbin/udevtrigger
CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER_PATH="/sbin/udevtrigger"

The man for udevtrigger seems to imply that this is what would be used. A
symlink might be better than compiling this in directly?