Old 07-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Jan Brosius

Default how to package?

Hi,

I have the source of the program maxima. I would like to make a debian package
of it. Is there any place where I can find documentation about making debian
packages?

Thanks for any help
Jan

Old 07-11-2008, 02:58 AM
"Mumia W.."

I have the source of the program maxima. I would like to make a debian package
of it. Is there any place where I can find documentation about making debian
packages?

Thanks for any help
Jan

Install 'debian-policy' and read the documentation in
/usr/share/doc/debain-policy

Old 07-11-2008, 04:30 AM
Paul Johnson

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 23:19 +0200, Jan Brosius wrote:
> I have the source of the program maxima. I would like to make a debian package
> of it. Is there any place where I can find documentation about making debian
> packages?

If you don't have access to the debian-policy package for whatever
reason, you might try checking the new maintainer's guide, which has a
walk-through of how to build a Debian package.

http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca

Old 07-11-2008, 07:54 AM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Old 07-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Luca Bruno

Old 07-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Jan Willem Stumpel

Jan Brosius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the source of the program maxima. I would like to make a
> debian package of it. Is there any place where I can find
> documentation about making debian packages?
>
> Thanks for any help Jan
Debian packages already exist. Try
apt-cache search maxima
Regards, Jan