Old 07-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Paul Cartwright

Default iceweasel html link in kmail-SOLVED-NOT

On Thu July 10 2008, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> ok, so I changed the entry under application for HTML-XML to "iceweasel"
> (no quotes) from "iceweasel %u" and it now brings up a new iceweasel window
> with my web page in it.. even when there is no iceweasel window currently
> open. I know I didn't add that %u to the script...

addendum..
now, without the %u, when I click on certain links, I get something like this:

file:///var/tmp/kdecache-pbc/krun/32542.0.ma.do

when I put back the %u, it goes to the real web site.. so, I need the %u. but
it doesn't work when iceweasel is closed..
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Old 07-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Bob Cox

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:41:54 -0400, Paul Cartwright (ale@pcartwright.com) wrote:

> On Thu July 10 2008, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > ok, so I changed the entry under application for HTML-XML to "iceweasel"
> > (no quotes) from "iceweasel %u" and it now brings up a new iceweasel window
> > with my web page in it.. even when there is no iceweasel window currently
> > open. I know I didn't add that %u to the script...
>
> addendum..
> now, without the %u, when I click on certain links, I get something like this:
>
> file:///var/tmp/kdecache-pbc/krun/32542.0.ma.do
>

> when I put back the %u, it goes to the real web site.. so, I need the %u. but
> it doesn't work when iceweasel is closed..

It works for me whether Iceweasel is already running or not. But when
it IS running then there is a difference, in that I see the Klipper
window open and close very quickly. Maybe your problem is something to
do with Klipper configuration?

As I said, I do not usually use kmail. In mutt, when I highlight a URL,
the Klipper window opens and I manually choose Iceweasel or Konqueror.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Paul Cartwright

On Thu July 10 2008, Bob Cox wrote:
> It works for me whether Iceweasel is already running or not. *But when
> it IS running then there is a difference, in that I see the Klipper
> window open and close very quickly. *Maybe your problem is something to
> do with Klipper configuration?
not sure what klipper is..

when it DIDn'T work, after I took out the %u, when I clicked on a link, a
window would opem up with the From and TO URLs.. it disappeared after
iceweasel opened.

> As I said, I do not usually use kmail. *In mutt, when I highlight a URL,
> the Klipper window opens and I manually choose Iceweasel or Konqueror.

I have at least 3 options listed in file associations, but I never am asked a
choice. probably because I have firefox as default.