Old 07-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Paul Cartwright

Default iceweasel html link in kmail

I think something may be wrong in a file association between kmail &
iceweasel. When I click on a web link in an email when iceweasel ISN'T
already open, I see the iceweasel icon in the tray & the hourgrlass. the
hourglass spins for a while, then goes away and nothing happens. If I have
iceweasel already open, and click a link, the current iceweasel window adds a
new tab and opens that link.

in file associations iceweasel is at the top of html, and the command line
says iceweasel %u

anything else I can look at?
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Old 07-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Bob Cox

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 07:46:41 -0400, Paul Cartwright (ale@pcartwright.com) wrote:

> I think something may be wrong in a file association between kmail &
> iceweasel. When I click on a web link in an email when iceweasel ISN'T
> already open, I see the iceweasel icon in the tray & the hourgrlass. the
> hourglass spins for a while, then goes away and nothing happens. If I have
> iceweasel already open, and click a link, the current iceweasel window adds a
> new tab and opens that link.
>
> in file associations iceweasel is at the top of html, and the command line
> says iceweasel %u
>
> anything else I can look at?

I don't normally use kmail, but just tried it and it opens links in
Iceweasel without an Iceweasel window being already open.

In file associations, I have iceweasel and NOT iceweasel %u, if that
helps.