Old 07-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Ding Honghui

Default cpuinfo in HP DL580 G4

hi, here is the cpuinfo for HP DL580 G4 with kernel 2.6.18-6-686. HT is
not disabled.

This server have 4 slots for cpu and every slot can contain a dual core
cpu.

But in this cpuinfo file, only physical id 0 and physical id 1 exist, it
means only 2 slot is used and every slot contain 2 dual core cpu? It
confuse me.

/proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 6
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz
stepping : 8
cpu MHz : 2992.970
cache size : 4096 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 4
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 6
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe lm
constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips : 5991.80

processor : 1
[...]
bogomips : 5985.40

processor : 2
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 6
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz
stepping : 8
cpu MHz : 2992.970
cache size : 4096 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 4
core id : 1
cpu cores : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 6
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe lm
constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips : 5985.35

processor : 3
[...]
bogomips : 5985.52

processor : 4
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 6
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz
stepping : 8
cpu MHz : 2992.970
cache size : 4096 KB
physical id : 1
siblings : 4
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 6
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe lm
constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips : 5985.77

processor : 5
[...]
bogomips : 5985.62

processor : 6
[...]

[...]