-   -   test, plz ignore (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/122013-test-plz-ignore.html)

T o n g 07-09-2008 08:53 PM

test, plz ignore

previous question lost...

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/tools/

Paul Johnson 07-09-2008 08:58 PM

test, plz ignore

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 20:53 +0000, T o n g wrote:
> previous question lost...

Or email isn't instant and sometimes has inconsistent delivery times..

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca

T o n g 07-09-2008 09:32 PM

test, plz ignore

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 13:58:12 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

>> previous question lost...
>
> Or email isn't instant and sometimes has inconsistent delivery times..

lost again, and test again.

T o n g 07-09-2008 09:48 PM

test, plz ignore

>>> previous question lost...
>>
>> Or email isn't instant and sometimes has inconsistent delivery times..
>
> lost again, and test again.

OK, confirmed, the message sent previous to this did get lost. testing
again:

http:// s4 .tinypic .com / n68fmo.jpg

Ron Johnson 07-09-2008 09:50 PM

test, plz ignore

Paul Johnson 07-10-2008 12:24 AM

test, plz ignore

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 21:48 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> >> Or email isn't instant and sometimes has inconsistent delivery times..
> >
> > lost again, and test again.
>
> OK, confirmed, the message sent previous to this did get lost. testing
> again:
>
> http:// s4 .tinypic .com / n68fmo.jpg

They're not getting lost, they're getting through. Please stop using
high circulation lists as your own personal feedback loop.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca

T o n g 07-10-2008 01:29 AM

test, plz ignore

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:24:17 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

>> OK, confirmed, the message sent previous to this did get lost. testing
>> again:
>>
>> http:// s4 .tinypic .com / n68fmo.jpg
>
> They're not getting lost, they're getting through. Please stop using
> high circulation lists as your own personal feedback loop.

First of all, please note that the message subject clearly stated that it
is for testing purposed and asked you explicitly to ignore it. You are
getting into trouble involving into this yourself.

Secondly, FYI, what you see is less than 1/3 of of the test messages
that I sent -- there is a reason for my testing.

Third, if you don't believe me, try posting the above ulr without space
through gmane.linux.debian.user, and you will know yourself. Please don't
judge others using your ignorance.

thank you.

Paul Johnson 07-10-2008 01:40 AM

test, plz ignore

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 01:29 +0000, T o n g wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:24:17 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
>
> >> OK, confirmed, the message sent previous to this did get lost. testing
> >> again:
> >>
> >> http:// s4 .tinypic .com / n68fmo.jpg
> >
> > They're not getting lost, they're getting through. Please stop using
> > high circulation lists as your own personal feedback loop.
>
> First of all, please note that the message subject clearly stated that it
> is for testing purposed and asked you explicitly to ignore it. You are
> getting into trouble involving into this yourself.

Saying "please ignore me being an inconsoiderate douchebag" doesn't stop
what people think of it. Public mailing lists are NOT your personal
testing tools.

> Secondly, FYI, what you see is less than 1/3 of of the test messages
> that I sent -- there is a reason for my testing.

So get an account on a free mail server and test against that if you're
trying to get outside testing.

> Third, if you don't believe me, try posting the above ulr without space
> through gmane.linux.debian.user, and you will know yourself. Please don't
> judge others using your ignorance.

If you're on gmane, gmane has it's own test newsgroups. That's where
you should test. But be aware that ALL gmane newsgroups go to mailing
lists.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca

Lee Glidewell 07-10-2008 01:44 AM

test, plz ignore

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 06:29:22 pm T o n g wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:24:17 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > They're not getting lost, they're getting through. Please stop using
> > high circulation lists as your own personal feedback loop.
>
> First of all, please note that the message subject clearly stated that it
> is for testing purposed and asked you explicitly to ignore it. You are
> getting into trouble involving into this yourself.
>
> Secondly, FYI, what you see is less than 1/3 of of the test messages
> that I sent -- there is a reason for my testing.
>
> Third, if you don't believe me, try posting the above ulr without space
> through gmane.linux.debian.user, and you will know yourself. Please don't
> judge others using your ignorance.
>
> thank you.
>
> --
> Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
> http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/
> http://xpt.sourceforge.net/tools/

I'm with Paul on this. Using this list to test whatever it is you're testing
is abuse, and the fact that you state that it should be ignored does not
change that. Please desist.

--
Lee Glidewell | PGP key: D5D686A7
lee.glidewell@gmail.com |

Allan Wind 07-10-2008 02:23 AM

test, plz ignore

On 2008-07-09T18:44:14-0700, Lee Glidewell wrote:
> I'm with Paul on this. Using this list to test whatever it is you're testing
> is abuse, and the fact that you state that it should be ignored does not
> change that. Please desist.

Seconded.

/Allan