-   -   Setting compiz and awn to start at KDE 3.5 login (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/121992-setting-compiz-awn-start-kde-3-5-login.html)

"David Bruce" 07-09-2008 08:05 PM

Setting compiz and awn to start at KDE 3.5 login

Hi,

I'm running Sid with KDE 3.5x, and recently installed Compiz and AWN.
What is the "proper" way to get KDE to start these programs on login
on a system-wide basis? I currently have two one-line files "awn.sh"
and "compiz.sh" in my ~/.KDE/Autostart, which works for me OK.

1. Ideally, I would like to set this in one place for all users.

2. Also, it would be desirable for KDE to start Compiz directly,
rather than first starting kwin and then replacing it with "compiz
--replace", which is what my compiz.sh does. Is there a variable to
set, something along the lines of "export WM=compiz" or the like?

Thanks

David Bruce