Old 07-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Can-Hua Chen

Default Synaptics touchpad features missing after upgrade of Xorg

I just upgrade xorg to versioin 1.4.2
and most synaptics touchpad features are now gone,
such as vertical scroll, lower right corner middle
click.

How can I restore them ?

Old 07-09-2008, 03:29 PM
"Damon L. Chesser"

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 09:13:18 am Can-Hua Chen wrote:
> I just upgrade xorg to versioin 1.4.2
> and most synaptics touchpad features are now gone,
> such as vertical scroll, lower right corner middle
> click.
>
> How can I restore them ?

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Synaptics_Touchpad scroll down to the X.org
section.

There is this one also:
http://www.pinoytux.com/linux/tip-how-to-configure-your-synaptics-touchpad-in-linux

http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=26480&sid=6d4783da5955293dccfbbbd0 10e77e34

The most comprehensive that I have found:

http://www.debuntu.org/2006/06/18/67-how-to-setting-up-touchpad-on-a-laptop-a-complete-guide

If any have a more compleate "Debian" guide, please let me know.

HTH!

Please respond back to the list, that way, others who have the same quiestion
as you will see the answer. You may also CC me if you wish.
--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com

Old 07-09-2008, 10:37 PM
stabbyjones

On 09/07/2008, Can-Hua Chen <chencanhua@fudan.edu.cn> wrote:
> I just upgrade xorg to versioin 1.4.2
> and most synaptics touchpad features are now gone,
> such as vertical scroll, lower right corner middle
> click.
>
> How can I restore them ?

i have an eeepc with a synaptic touchpad here is the device section
from xorg.conf.

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Synaptics Touchpad"
Driver "synaptics"
Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
Option "HorizEdgeScroll" "1"
End Section

vertical and horizontal scrolling works and the bottom right corner is
a right click for me. hopefully that helps.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Johannes Wiedersich

Old 07-11-2008, 12:01 AM
"Damon L. Chesser"

On Thursday 10 July 2008 01:53:37 pm Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> On 2008-07-09 17:29, Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 July 2008 09:13:18 am Can-Hua Chen wrote:
> >> I just upgrade xorg to versioin 1.4.2
> >> and most synaptics touchpad features are now gone,
> >
> > If any have a more compleate "Debian" guide, please let me know.
>
> There is always
> /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg-input-synaptics/README.Debian
>
> Probably not exhaustive, but sufficient for myself.
>
> HTH,
>
> Johannes

ahhh, ya, I guess that counts!