Old 07-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Can-Hua Chen

Default local disk access problem of rdesktop

I am using rdesktop
( rdesktop -f HOST_IP -u USERNAME -p PASSWD -r sound:local
-r disk:L=/home/LOCAL_USER)
and trying to access local file system on remote XP desktop.
However I am reject to access on remote XP, saying that
I have no right, although I do be able to see the "L" volume

Old 07-09-2008, 06:40 PM
T o n g

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 21:09:56 +0800, Can-Hua Chen wrote:

> I am using rdesktop
> ( rdesktop -f HOST_IP -u USERNAME -p PASSWD -r sound:local
> -r disk:L=/home/LOCAL_USER)
> and trying to access local file system on remote XP desktop.
> However I am reject to access on remote XP, saying that
> I have no right, although I do be able to see the "L" volume

Is the "L" volume that you see under sclient?

Old 07-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Can-Hua Chen

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 06:40:43PM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 21:09:56 +0800, Can-Hua Chen wrote:
>
> > I am using rdesktop
> > ( rdesktop -f HOST_IP -u USERNAME -p PASSWD -r sound:local
> > -r disk:L=/home/LOCAL_USER)
> > and trying to access local file system on remote XP desktop.
> > However I am reject to access on remote XP, saying that
> > I have no right, although I do be able to see the "L" volume
>
> Is the "L" volume that you see under sclient?

Yes. Actually I am able to list the directory of "L" as soon
as I get connected to remote XP, however when I want to go
further deeper, I am denied. Still stranger, when I tried to
list the "L" directory the second time, I was denied from then on.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:50 AM
T o n g

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 08:58:54 +0800, Can-Hua Chen wrote:

>> > I am using rdesktop
>> > ( rdesktop -f HOST_IP -u USERNAME -p PASSWD -r sound:local
>> > -r disk:L=/home/LOCAL_USER)
>> > and trying to access local file system on remote XP desktop.
>> > However I am reject to access on remote XP, saying that
>> > I have no right, although I do be able to see the "L" volume
>>
>> Is the "L" volume that you see under sclient?
>>
> Yes. Actually I am able to list the directory of "L" as soon
> as I get connected to remote XP, however when I want to go
> further deeper, I am denied. Still stranger, when I tried to
> list the "L" directory the second time, I was denied from then on.

Sorry I can't help here. Maybe raise a bug report or dig further. But I
really doubt that the light-weighted rdesktop can incorporate the full
samba protocol. I suspect it is related with the Windows domain
authentication.

Why don't you save yourself from the trouble and take the easy route --
install samba and share out your folder. That's fully documented, and
you'll get better luck if stuck.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/