Old 07-09-2008, 03:35 AM
"Damon L. Chesser"

Default xorg reconfigure problem after upgrade

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 11:25:12 pm Can-Hua Chen wrote:
> I just dist-upgrade (testing), and found that
> "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" doesn't
> prompt for driver, monitor configuration as
> before, but only keyboard and mouse configure.
>
> Is it new policy of xserver-xorg package?
> Or my system has problem after this dist-upgrade?
>
> Any hint is appreciated.

http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html

those options you asked about are not automaticaly detected, MOSTLY right.
When it is wrong, you need the first link to fix it.

HTH
--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com

Old 07-09-2008, 03:41 AM
"Damon L. Chesser"

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 11:35:14 pm Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 July 2008 11:25:12 pm Can-Hua Chen wrote:
> > I just dist-upgrade (testing), and found that
> > "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" doesn't
> > prompt for driver, monitor configuration as
> > before, but only keyboard and mouse configure.
> >
> > Is it new policy of xserver-xorg package?
> > Or my system has problem after this dist-upgrade?
> >
> > Any hint is appreciated.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12
> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html
>
> those options you asked about are not automaticaly detected, MOSTLY right.
> When it is wrong, you need the first link to fix it.
>
> HTH

eh-hemmm! I meant "are now automaticaly detected" not "are not automaticaly
detected". Sorry if this caused confusion.