-   -   Undelete files (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/121461-undelete-files.html)

"Alejandro Aguila Sáinz" 07-09-2008 12:45 AM

Undelete files

Hi! Today I just deleted a directory by mistake, it went to the trash, so when I draged it back to my personal directory by mistake again I cancelled the process, and now the directory is gone, do you know if there's a way to get it back? Thanks!!!

--
Alejandro Aguila Sáinz <alekz@alekz.com.mx>
PGP KEY: 14D45A26

Ron Johnson 07-09-2008 01:03 AM

Undelete files

"Alejandro Aguila Sáinz" 07-09-2008 04:26 AM

Undelete files

Hi, after googling I just found the solution for my problem, actually I also undeleted a lot of pictures that I deleted several months ago, here is the solution (as root):

apt-get install foremost

After foremost is installed restart your system to the single user mode (Selecting it from GRUB) , because in my case after trying two times in regular mode I got a segment violation error, and send:

foremost -t jpg -i /dev/hda -o /home/recovery

Then reboot into regular mode and open the lauch application pop-up (alt+f2) and send:

gksu nautilus

Then just go to /home/recovery and all your deleted JPG files are back, I took like 20 minutes to show all the files because there was 4 GB recovered. This foremost applications it's really cool, you can also recover a lot of files, just check man foremost.

Thanks !