Old 07-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Stephan Seitz

Default How good are the new free ATI drivers?

Hi!

I’m running Debian Testing.
It is now time again to replace my old hardware with a new one. Since the
new system doesn’t have AGP anymore, I need a new graphic card as well.

Until now I have a GV-N68128DH Silentpipe (NVIDIA GPU GeForce 6800,
128MB) and am using the NVidia driver.

Since I would prefer open source drivers, I ask you, if you have any
experience with one of the new free ATI drivers. I’m looking for
a graphic card which can replace the old one mentioned above and has at
least the same 3D capabilities and of course a working driver even if
used in a XEN environment.

Many thanks for your answers!

Shade and sweet water!

Stephan