Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 AM
"Jayakrishnan M"

Default network traffic scheduling

Hi,

I was playing around with the LARTC stuff for sometime. Main goal is
to see if we can send bursts of packets at regular intervals.
I have a gigabit ethernet card and I am trying to send a burst of
packets at a specified interval.
I tried many combinations of the queueing disciplines and classes, but
none of them were successful.
The packets are being sent evenly distributed over the timeperiod. I
am unable to send bursts also.
Has anyone tried to send multiburst packets on linux? Any insight into
the subject will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Jayakrishnan

Old 07-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Chris Bannister

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 02:52:25PM +0530, Jayakrishnan M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was playing around with the LARTC stuff for sometime. Main goal is
> to see if we can send bursts of packets at regular intervals.
> I have a gigabit ethernet card and I am trying to send a burst of
> packets at a specified interval.
> I tried many combinations of the queueing disciplines and classes, but
> none of them were successful.
> The packets are being sent evenly distributed over the timeperiod. I
> am unable to send bursts also.
> Has anyone tried to send multiburst packets on linux? Any insight into
> the subject will be helpful.

You'd probably be better off asking on the LARTC mailing list.

--
Chris.
======