Old 07-06-2008, 09:13 PM
"s. keeling"

Default AMD Sempron 64 bit kernel (Gateway laptop)?

Hi. I'm somewhat confused and in uncharted territory. I just bought
this laptop second hand.

Which kernel is this CPU supposed to be using? I've been testing with
Sidux for the moment (2008-06 (?) 2.6.25-10). It refused to boot on
their AMD images ("... detected i1586[sic] CPU.").

This thing ought to be running an amd64 kernel, shouldn't it?

"Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3300+" in /proc/cpuinfo, 800 Mhz.
Gateway laptop.