Old 07-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Rodolfo Medina

Default Package requirements installation

During the installation of gnome-mplayer, at the `./configure' step it is
complained the lack of the following packages:

gtk+-2.0
glib-2.0
gthread-2.0

Debian Etch does not recognize those package names. Please can anybody
suggest the proper names within Debian packages set, so that I can install
them via `apt-get'?

Thanks for any reply
Rodolfo

Old 07-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Ron Johnson

On 07/06/08 10:34, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> During the installation of gnome-mplayer, at the `./configure' step it is
> complained the lack of the following packages:
>
> gtk+-2.0

You need to install libgtk2.0-dev.

$ apt-cache search libgtk | grep 2. | grep dev | sort
libgtk-directfb-2.0-dev - Development files for the GTK+ library -
DirectFB version
libgtk1.2-dev - Development files for the GIMP Toolkit
libgtk2.0-dev - Development files for the GTK+ library
libgtkada2-dev - Development files for libgtkada2
libgtkdatabox-0.8.2-dev - A Gtk+ library to display large amounts of
numerical data
libgtkextra-x11-2.0-dev - A useful set of widgets for GTK+
(development files)
libgtkgl2.0-dev - OpenGL area for GTK (development files)
libgtkglextmm-x11-1.2-dev - C++ bindings for GtkGLExt (Development
files)
libgtkhtml2-dev - HTML rendering/editing library - development files
libgtkmm-2.4-dev - C++ wrappers for GTK+ 2.4 (development files)
libgtkmm-dev - C++ wrapper for GTK+ 1.2 (development files)
libgtksourceview2.0-dev - development files for the GTK+ syntax
highlighting widget
libgtksourceviewmm-2.0-dev - C++ binding of GtkSourceView -
development files

> glib-2.0

Similarly, libglib2.0-dev.

$ apt-cache search libglib | grep 2. | grep dev | sort
libglib1.2-dev - The GLib library of C routines (development)
libglib2.0-dev - Development files for the GLib library
libglibmm-2.4-dev - C++ wrapper for the GLib toolkit (development files)

> gthread-2.0

This is the tricky one.

> Debian Etch does not recognize those package names. Please can anybody
> suggest the proper names within Debian packages set, so that I can install
> them via `apt-get'?
>
> Thanks for any reply
> Rodolfo

- --