-   -   : Cellular phone used as modem stops during fast downloads (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/119802-cellular-phone-used-modem-stops-during-fast-downloads.html)

"Mirco Piccin" 07-06-2008 11:03 AM

: Cellular phone used as modem stops during fast downloads

Hi

> the problem only occurs during fast downloads, i.e. in umts mode: when the
> download proceeds at a high speed, say about 40 kilobytes per second, the
> phone (a Nokia 6630) stops and reboots, and so the connection breaks down.
> Anybody having experienced the same problem?

Also i use often my 6680 (that has about the same hw of your 6630) to
navigate www and to download.
I connect to an italian UMTS mobile tel. provider.
I use a BT connection between laptop and phone (never tried using usb cable).
But all work good.

Maybe a phone firmware update could resolve this issue.
Regards

Rodolfo Medina 07-06-2008 11:51 AM

: Cellular phone used as modem stops during fast downloads

Excuse the off topic.

If anybody in this list uses a cellular phone to be connected in internet:

the problem only occurs during fast downloads, i.e. in umts mode: when the
download proceeds at a high speed, say about 40 kilobytes per second, the
phone (a Nokia 6630) stops and reboots, and so the connection breaks down.
Anybody having experienced the same problem?

Thanks for any reply
Rodolfo