Old 07-05-2008, 06:16 PM
"Mag Gam"

Default auto mounter and nfs question

At my university we have Debian and Redhah (blah :-)* )servers. Their primary purpose is to serve files to users.

We are trying to figure out a easy way to manage and export the mount points via NFS to Linux labs which have around 500 clients.

Each server has a mount point like this:

Server1
/building_name/projectid0
/building_name/projectid1
/building_name/projectid2

Server2
/building_name/projectid3
/building_name/projectid4

/building_name/projectid5

And the clients mount it up like this when needed
/net/projectid0
/net/projectid5

We also have a autofs and NIS server. I was wondering if this is possible to do. The project names are constantly changing. Any thoughts?

TIA