Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Daniel Burrows

Default CUPS vs lpd (was Giving up on Iceweasel 3.0)

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 01:42:52AM +1200, Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> was heard to say:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 09:47:56AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > On 07 Jul 2008, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> ^^^^^^^^^
> Haven't seen that spelling before, interesting.

> > Since you posted in a form I couldn't read, I can't reply.
>
> Hi,
>
> I see you are using mutt. Put this in your .muttrc:
>
> auto_view text/html
>
> and you should now be able to see the message rendered in a browser.

You may also want to try

alternative_order text/enriched text/plain text

which I think is probably the reason that I see the text version of
Christofer's email and not the HTML version.

Daniel

Old 07-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Anthony Campbell

On 10 Jul 2008, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 09:47:56AM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > On 07 Jul 2008, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> ^^^^^^^^^
> Haven't seen that spelling before, interesting.

> > Since you posted in a form I couldn't read, I can't reply.
>
> Hi,
>
> I see you are using mutt. Put this in your .muttrc:
>
> auto_view text/html
>
> and you should now be able to see the message rendered in a browser.

Yes, I know, and I did have the necessary entries in ~/mailcap on my
other machines but not on this one. Most of the html stuff I get is
spam. I have to admit to irritation at receiving it on this list; when I
do get html emails that are not spam they are usually from Windows users
who don't know any better. Some of the moderated lists I subscribe to
specify "no html". Rant over.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk