Old 07-04-2008, 04:11 PM
PETER EASTHOPE

Default answer button in Skype client

Folk,

In Skype 2.0.0.68 in Xfce4 in Lenny with kernel
2.6.24-1-686 a click on the answer button fails to
open an incoming call. This happens on an IBM
NetVista 6578-RAU and not on another generic
machine. Usually I am able to call back but the
problem certainly wastes time and aggravation.

Has anyone an explanation or solution?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/
http://carnot.yi.org/ = http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/

Old 07-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Jonathan Kaye

PETER EASTHOPE wrote:

> Folk,
>
> In Skype 2.0.0.68 in Xfce4 in Lenny with kernel
> 2.6.24-1-686 a click on the answer button fails to
> open an incoming call. This happens on an IBM
> NetVista 6578-RAU and not on another generic
> machine. Usually I am able to call back but the
> problem certainly wastes time and aggravation.
>
> Has anyone an explanation or solution?
>
> Thanks, ... Peter E.

Hi Peter,
Have you tried 2.0.0.72? I'm running Lenny with the same kernel as you and
don't have this problem.
Cheers,
Jonathan

Old 07-05-2008, 10:58 AM
"Dotan Cohen"

2008/7/4 PETER EASTHOPE <peasthope@shaw.ca>:
> Folk,
>
> In Skype 2.0.0.68 in Xfce4 in Lenny with kernel
> 2.6.24-1-686 a click on the answer button fails to
> open an incoming call. This happens on an IBM
> NetVista 6578-RAU and not on another generic
> machine. Usually I am able to call back but the
> problem certainly wastes time and aggravation.
>
> Has anyone an explanation or solution?

I had this problem with the Skpye 2.x beta for Linux (don't remember
which kernel I was on, it was an Ubuntu kernel though). The Skype 2
releases don't suffer from this from what I've seen. The current
version is 2.0.0.72-1 so you might want to try that:
http://www.skype.com/intl/en/download/skype/linux/choose/

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il