Old 07-04-2008, 12:16 AM
"Star Liu"

Default Iceweasel add-on install error "invalid file hash (possible download corruption) - 261"

when i install the firebug add-on, i got the error message "invalid
file hash (possible download corruption) - 261". in fact, installing
any add-on should also get the same error message.

how could i fix it? (lenny amd64, both iceweasel 2.0 and 3.0)

thanks!
--
Regards!
Star

Old 07-04-2008, 04:59 AM
"Mumia W.."

when i install the firebug add-on, i got the error message "invalid
file hash (possible download corruption) - 261". in fact, installing
any add-on should also get the same error message.

how could i fix it? (lenny amd64, both iceweasel 2.0 and 3.0)

thanks!

Enable third-party cookies:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20080628190712.1038dd7d@bellgrove.rema rqs.net

Old 07-04-2008, 09:04 AM
"Star Liu"

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Mumia W..
<paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 07/03/2008 07:16 PM, Star Liu wrote:
>>
>> when i install the firebug add-on, i got the error message "invalid
>> file hash (possible download corruption) - 261". in fact, installing
>> any add-on should also get the same error message.
>>
>> how could i fix it? (lenny amd64, both iceweasel 2.0 and 3.0)
>>
>> thanks!
>
> Enable third-party cookies:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20080628190712.1038dd7d@bellgrove.rema rqs.net

but the default settings has already checked the accept third-party cookies

--
Regards!
Star

Old 07-04-2008, 09:22 AM
"Sun GuoDong"

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Star Liu <minxinjianxin@gmail.com> wrote:
> when i install the firebug add-on, i got the error message "invalid
> file hash (possible download corruption) - 261". in fact, installing
> any add-on should also get the same error message.
>
> how could i fix it? (lenny amd64, both iceweasel 2.0 and 3.0)
>
> thanks!
> --
> Regards!
> Star
> http://starliu.9966.org
> Shanghai, China

我最近也碰到这*的问题,是Firefox 3,*论从 http://addons.mozilla.org/
安装什么插件都会提示出错,但我从 它网站安装相应同*的插件时就没有 题。不知是什么原*。

Old 07-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Ron Johnson

Old 07-04-2008, 01:11 PM
"Mumia W.."

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Mumia W..
when i install the firebug add-on, i got the error message "invalid
file hash (possible download corruption) - 261". in fact, installing
any add-on should also get the same error message.

how could i fix it? (lenny amd64, both iceweasel 2.0 and 3.0)

thanks!

Enable third-party cookies:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20080628190712.1038dd7d@bellgrove.rema rqs.net

but the default settings has already checked the accept third-party cookies

That's strange. I'm tempted to say "try the download again" because I
just installed Firebug into FX3. I got it from
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843 which is where I
hope you're trying to get it. The file is named firebug-1.2.0b4-fx.xpi.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:39 PM
"Star Liu"

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Mumia W..
<paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>> Enable third-party cookies:
>>>
>>> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=20080628190712.1038dd7d@bellgrove.rema rqs.net
>>
>> but the default settings has already checked the accept third-party
>> cookies
>>

> That's strange. I'm tempted to say "try the download again" because I just
> installed Firebug into FX3. I got it from
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843 which is where I hope
> you're trying to get it. The file is named firebug-1.2.0b4-fx.xpi.

Yes, it's strange, I guess it might be caused by the encryption, does
iceweasel need to install any encryption modules?

--
Regards!
Star

Old 07-05-2008, 09:16 AM
"Star Liu"

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Mumia W..
<paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 07/04/2008 11:54 PM, Star Liu wrote:
>>
>> thank you, we have found that it's because the xpi file cannot be
>> downloaded at all(maybe only in china). So I will try to find the xpi file
>> to download, or wait for mozilla to fix this bug
>>

> You might be right, because if this doesn't work, it's almost certainly
> because of a network-related problem.
>
> I used both 'curl' and 'wget' to download the file successfully:
> curl -L -O
> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/32365/firebug-1.2.0b4-fx.xpi"
>
> wget
> "https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/32365/firebug-1.2.0b4-fx.xpi"

cool, i installed it successfully by this way, thank you!

--
Regards!
Star