Old 11-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Tobias Nissen

Default How to set Sun-JVM as the default compatible JVM for eclipse?

Hi Michael!

Michael Yang wrote:
> One another thing: I put the variable JAVA_HOME in /etc/profile or
> $HOME/.bash_profile file, but I can't get the value in terminal until
> manually source the file:
> # source /etc/profile
> # cat /etc/profile

> JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun; export JAVA_HOME
> CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/lib; export CLASSPATH
> PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH;
> export PATH
>
> I use rxvt as my terminal. I have to manually source the profile
> before running the java program in terminal.

It's not important which terminal emulator you use, but which shell. In
the case of bash you can put the above lines into your ~/.bashrc. Don't
forget to restart your session, so that the values are passed over to
your environment.

Regards,
Tobias

Old 11-17-2007, 05:42 PM
David Baron

The last time I installed Eclipse, it brought in IBM's JVM as well. It took me
a while to get Sun accessible again, ended up starting over.

BTW, IBM's OpenOffice-Lotus-Symphony uses a lot of Eclipse stuff, is
consequently a huge download. How might one get this to use the Debian
Eclipse installation rather than duplicate a lot of modules?