Old 06-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Chris Bannister

Default where is xmms?

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 06:47:27AM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> just to jump in... I recommend mpd with some kind of front end. I find
> it just the thing: small, and out of the way. It's just a music player
> daemon (hence the name). You can control it with a number of different
> cli and graphical front ends. I like mpc, a cli frontend. You issue
> commands like `mpc play` or `mpc next` etc. Makes it easy to script or
> bind to WM keys.

Also consider moc.

--
Chris.
======

Old 06-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Carl Fink

After reading this thread, I was irritated to find that audacious isn't in
Lenny.

Linux Journal just mentioned minirok. Haven't tried it yet.
--
Carl Fink nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Stupid mistakes you can correct!

Old 06-22-2008, 02:54 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Old 06-22-2008, 02:57 PM
"Sven Hoexter"

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 10:35:43AM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> After reading this thread, I was irritated to find that audacious isn't in
> Lenny.

audacious | 1.5.0-2 | testing | source, alpha, amd64, arm, armel, hppa, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc

Well 1.5.1 has some bugs fixed but 1.5.0 is available.

Sven
--
If God passed a mic to me to speak
I'd say stay in bed, world

Old 06-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Carl Fink

Old 06-23-2008, 03:53 AM
Carl Fink

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 07:24:23PM +0300, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:

> Carl Fink wrote:

> >> And what is http://packages.debian.org/lenny/audacious then?
> >
> > As of yesterday, not installable.
>
> What do you mean?

NitpickingHP2:/home/carlf# apt-get install audacious
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

audacious: Depends: gtk2-engines-pixbuf but it is not going to be
installed
E: Broken packages
NitpickingHP2:/home/carlf#

In a word, that's what I mean.