Old 06-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Johann Spies

Default windows prog on linux

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 08:01:37AM +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:

> I have a program written for XP, I want to run it on my linux debian,
> I tried wine, I didn't do want, is ther another emulator or another
> procedure;

If you have a legal copy of XP you can install it inside virtualbox
(install virtualbox-ose) and run XP inside your Debian and then close
it if you are not using it.

sudo apt-get install virtualbox-ose

You can then use module-assistand (m-a) to build and install your
virtualbox-ose-modules.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not."
Proverbs 1:10

Old 06-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Paul Johnson

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 08:01 +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> I have a program written for XP, I want to run it on my linux debian,
> I tried wine, I didn't do want, is ther another emulator or another
> procedure;

Have you tried debugging it in wine at all? Wine is really your best
shot short of installing Windows in a Virtualbox (debian package
virtualbox-ose).

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca