Old 06-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Daniel Dalton

Default cut and paste with the screen program

Hi,

I'm using screen. (So I can have many terminals in one text-console).
How can I cut and paste between screen terminals? (using the keyboard) I'm
totally blind and use braille and a little bit of speech.

Cheers, (And thanks for any help)

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<daniel.dalton@iinet.net.au>

Old 06-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 05:34:17PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using screen. (So I can have many terminals in one text-console).
> How can I cut and paste between screen terminals? (using the keyboard) I'm
> totally blind and use braille and a little bit of speech.
>
> Cheers, (And thanks for any help)

ctrl-a ]

Screen shows two help screens when you press ctrl-a ?

Command key: ^A Literal ^A: a

break ^B b license , removebuf =
clear C lockscreen ^X x reset Z
colon : log H screen ^C c
copy ^[ [ login L select '
detach ^D d meta a silence _
digraph ^V monitor M split S
displays * next ^@ ^N sp n suspend ^Z z
dumptermcap . number N time ^T t
fit F only Q title A
flow ^F f other ^A vbell ^G
focus ^I pow_break B version v
hardcopy h pow_detach D width W
help ? prev ^H ^P p ^? windows ^W w
history { } quit wrap ^R r
info i readbuf < writebuf >
kill K k redisplay ^L l xoff ^S s
lastmsg ^M m remove X xon ^Q q

^] paste .
" windowlist -b
- select -
0 select 0
1 select 1
2 select 2
3 select 3
4 select 4
5 select 5
6 select 6
7 select 7
8 select 8
9 select 9
I login on
O login off
] paste .

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 06-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 08:21:46AM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 05:34:17PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using screen. (So I can have many terminals in one text-console).
> > How can I cut and paste between screen terminals? (using the keyboard) I'm
> > totally blind and use braille and a little bit of speech.
> >
> > Cheers, (And thanks for any help)
>
> ctrl-a ]

more specifically, use "ctrl-a [" to switch to copy mode. Then use
the cursor keys to move to the text you want to select. Use the spacebar
to mark the beginning of the selection, cursor keys to move to the end of the
selection, and spacebar to mark the end of the selection. The selected
text will be copied into the buffer. To paste this buffer, at the
current insertion point in whatever screen you choose, use "ctrl-a ]".

hth,

Old 06-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Daniel Dalton

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 06:55:11AM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> more specifically, use "ctrl-a [" to switch to copy mode. Then use
> the cursor keys to move to the text you want to select. Use the spacebar
> to mark the beginning of the selection, cursor keys to move to the end of the

Thanks, that works.

Thx,

--

<d.dalton@iinet.net.au>