-   -   iptables configuration drops packets (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/108870-iptables-configuration-drops-packets.html)

Adam Hardy 06-18-2008 09:07 AM

iptables configuration drops packets

Jan Psota on 17/06/08 23:01, wrote:

I set up iptables myself today after using an obtusely written script
for some time.

I know, that it is the old mail (so is the problem), but:
did You consider using Shorewall (I use it) instead of
setting firewall with iptables?
Example configuration files are included
in ../doc/shorewall-.../Samples/

It is a better way :-)

I used fwbuilder for a while but then I had a problem I couldn't fix, so I went
back to writing the iptables stuff myself. Maybe I should have tried shorewall
instead of fwbuilder.