Old 06-18-2008, 02:47 AM
Cameron Hutchison

Default OpenOffice.org Quick Start

How do you use the OpenOffice.org quick start functionality?

I have installed the package openoffice.org-gtk which says in its
It also contains a QuickStarter for the "notification area".

How do I make this QuickStarter work? I could not see any reference to
it in the README files that came with the package.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:40 AM
David Staer

Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> How do you use the OpenOffice.org quick start functionality?
>
> I have installed the package openoffice.org-gtk which says in its
> It also contains a QuickStarter for the "notification area".
>
> How do I make this QuickStarter work? I could not see any reference to
> it in the README files that came with the package.

Hi Cameron

You need to enable it in OpenOffice. Tools > Options >
OpenOffice.org > Memory - then check "Enable systray Quickstarter".
The next time you log in, or possibly sooner, it should be in the
notification area.

Regards
David Staer

Old 06-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Cameron Hutchison

David Staer <david.staer@gmail.com> writes:

>Cameron Hutchison wrote:
>> How do you use the OpenOffice.org quick start functionality?
>>
>> I have installed the package openoffice.org-gtk [...]

>You need to enable it in OpenOffice. Tools > Options >
>OpenOffice.org > Memory - then check "Enable systray Quickstarter".
>The next time you log in, or possibly sooner, it should be in the
>notification area.

Thanks David. That worked a treat.

As soon as I enabled the checkbox and OKed the dialog, the quickstarter
icon appeared in the notification area. No need to log out/in.