Old 06-17-2008, 10:09 PM
"Jacob L. Anawalt"

Default Looking for Debian system hardware inventory software

Hello,

I've been searching for inventory management software who's feature set sits
somewhere between IRM [1] and GLPI [2] or OCS Inventory NG [3]. Preferably
something that is already packaged like IRM and GLPI.

I would like a system to help me track server hardware aging a little more
proactively. I'm not looking for a help desk tool nor am I trying to track
software. Just mapping servers to hardware to purchases. A few ocsng/lshw like
features to map out existing systems would also be nice.

I could create a web/db app to do this. Implementing just the inventory to
hardware listings would be cake. I would prefer to not re-invent the wheel and
use a community solution if one exists that my searches have overlooked.

A couple of lists I've looked over:

* http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=inventory&section=projects&x=9&y=6
* http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/open-source-it-inventory-control-systems.html

[1] http://irm.stackworks.net/?q=node/11 && package irm
[2] http://www.glpi-project.org/ && package glpi
[3] http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/
[4] http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/ && http://wiki.debian.org/Hardware

--
Jacob
Please CC.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:29 PM
"Jacob L. Anawalt"

Hello,

I posted this to debian-user yesterday and this morning I thought this group
might be better focused to what I'm looking for.